Temporary Residents Claiming Your Super

If you are a temporary resident, you can claim superannuation benefits you accumulated while working in Australia, as long as you visited on an eligible temporary resident visa (which has expired or been cancelled) and you have permanently departed Australia.

As an eligible temporary resident, you can apply for your departing Australia superannuation payment (DASP). You can apply online, at no cost, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

In most cases, payments will be subject to a 30% withholding tax.

If you are a temporary resident, you may still be able to return to Australia (on another visa) even if you claim and receive the departing Australia superannuation payment.

For a list of eligible visas refer to temporary residents – eligible temporary resident visas.

For more information refer to Departing Australia superannuation payment essentials.

By My Tax Zone
(source ATO)

Copyright 2014. My Tax Zone.