Super Co-contribution

If you’re eligible and make a voluntary contribution to your super, the government will make a ‘co-contribution’ depending on your total income (you must earn less than $58,980).

You do not need to apply for the co-contribution. All you need to do is:

a make personal super contributions during the year to your super fund or retirement savings account (RSA) for which you do not claim an income tax deduction, and
a lodge your income tax return.

The super co-contribution has also been extended to the self-employed

Follow this link to the ATO for details >>> Co-contributions

D Maynard
CEO My Tax Zone

Copyright 2014. My Tax Zone.