How do I correct a mistake made in my tax return?

For details on amendments to tax returns visit our site here Amendments.

If you have made a mistake on your tax return you should amend it as soon as possible. There are two ways to request an amendment:

1. Submit a written request to the Tax Office
2. Tax agents normally lodge an "Amended" tax return for the relevant year. Lodged
electronically, It is processed much faster than written requests.

Note that you cannot submit amendments over the phone or by e-tax.

By D Maynard
CEO My Tax Zone

Copyright 2014. My Tax Zone.